Sunday, September 23, 2012

a weekend with my boy.

I like weekends when it's slow, 
relaxing,
and just us.

This weekend, we took Alexio out to the country to walk...no leash, no choke collar, just running along on the dirt road.

He has a blast.



The pics of Ryan and Alexio make me smile. 
Ryan grew up in the country in the middle of fields, and he has fond memories of walking these kind of dirt roads with his dogs following along...
de ja vu for him, I guess;)
It was new for me, my first reaction toward Alexio being off a leash was, 
"Ryan!!! He's gonna run away!!!!!!!!" 
and 
"He's going to get squashed by a car!!!" 

Turns out in the country, there really isn't much to worry about.
And we found out what a great dog Alexio is becoming...He likes to stay close, and he's actually very protective of me! (found this out when a giant black dog came running from his farm, wanting to play and jump on me.)

Saturday was spent going on another long walk with them (we are eventually going to train him to run with us), and then doing odd little things around the house. Alexio came with me on a trip to the pharmacy to fill a prescription and waited patiently for the man at the window to give us the meds.
One of my favorite things to do on the weekends or after a stressful day at work, is bake...
and then watch people it my food.
lol.
i enjoy the look on my husband's face when he takes a bite out of something sweet.
That's really why I bake...
I'm not much of a sweet tooth, sometimes I'll eat it, but mostly, i bake for my boys:)
They always love it, so as long as they do, i'll keep baking:)

Here is one of our FAVORITES...individual sized monkey bread bites.




and these here are a favorite of many of the boys that are in our home a lot: 
White chocolate Kit Kat Blondies.
yum, yum.


Here's to a grand 3 1/2 day weekend! Loving my time with my husband and puppy:)

No comments: