Sunday, May 8, 2011

I wanna be you one day

I want to be my mom one day:


One day when I have kids,

 I want them to be able to snuggle in bed with me and I want to read chapter books to them while they listen and fall asleep next to me...because you did with me.

I want to take my kids Black Friday shopping and make it a tradition - because you did and I still love it today.

I want to be able to jump rope in the kitchen while homeschooling my kids...like you did with us. 

I want to teach my kids that their siblings and family are the built in best friends that God gives us...and I want them to see how my sisters and I are best friends ...because of what you taught us.

I want to be able to kiss and hug and cuddle and snuggle with my little boys and girls...because you did with me.

I want my kids to be able to wake up in the morning, and see me reading my Bible and praying, and go back to sleep comforted by the sight of their momma spending time with the Lord...just like you did.

I want my kids to see me hug, kiss, laugh, dance, and love their daddy...just like you did to my daddy.

I want to tell my kids their beautiful, even during their awkward weird looking stages in life...because you did even when I was awkward looking and nerdy.

I want to provide meals each night for my family to sit down and talk for hours...just like you did.

I want to take care of my husband and love him and make a nice home for him...just like you did for your husband and my daddy.

I want to listen to my kids make up skits, radio shows, songs, and annoying noises and let them go about doing it-  just as you did.

I want to be able to talk about everything with my kids - just like you did. 

I want my kids to come to me with their problems and dilemas, just like I could and can do with you. 

I want to go to every single sports game and event that my kids are a part of...just to cheer loudly for them just like you did:) 



I want my kids to see how much I love the Lord - just like I got to see in you.

I want you to know that as Ryan and I are going through the course of becoming parents to kids who do not have mommas that love them, that I am going to do my very best to be just like you. 

I want my kids to see my joy, to see my smile, to see my love...

just like you did.

Love you, mom...Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

this made me tear-up.
i love it - you are so right.
mom is the best ever!