Monday, January 9, 2012

I wanna clarify...

that when I talk or whine or wish about my home in South Carolina, I'm not only talking about the boats that rest beside the waterfront...
 Or the bridges that connect the islands to the mainlands, 
(this one being one of my favorite ones)
 or the gorgeous contrast of many shades of green and blue,
 or the docks that occupied much of my time in high school, drinking coffee and talking while dangling my feet into the cool water. 
(or jumping off of them!)
 or the proudly flown South Carolina flag that is a beloved emblem to many South Carolinians...
 but it's these crazy, hilarious, loving bunch of people that I am family with.
They are the ones that make life seem just this. much. better.





I can't seem to get enough of them.
Spending a week with them once a year just doesn't cut it for me.
I just can't get enough of my mom's cooking or snuggling with her, my sisters' crazy laughs and dance parties, my daddy calling me, "baby," or "sweetheart," or hugging him around the waist.
Can't get enough playtime with Peyton, or coffee and donut runs with the sisters, family dinner times, or shopping with the family.
I love them.
Can you tell? 

There are plenty of bonuses of going home to South Carolina...
but these special people make the visit a hundred times worth it.

1 comment:

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

one of my favorite posts ever!!!!! we miss you but we'll all be together again soon. :) love you!!!