Friday, February 15, 2013

Alaskan King Crabs for special occasions.

We celebrated our 8th Valentine's day together yesterday.
It's one of those days that I get excited about about a week in advance, and Ryan's excited about it about a month in advance.
He always plans our night together, and I always get excited about his plans and his surprises.
Sometimes watching him get excited is the very best part of the days leading up to Valentine's day.

He gave me white roses with purple edges on Sunday, so that by Valentine's day they'd be in full bloom and so we could enjoy them leading up to the day. We have, and they've grown beautifully over the week!
 We can't seem to wait to give gifts on Valentine's day, so the minute after Ryan woke up, he wanted to give me my gift:). Without even getting out of bed, we exchanged our Valentine's day gifts.
Here's mine from Ryan! 
It's BEAUTIFUL and he always does such a great job picking things out and researching for the best quality diamonds and gold.
This here is WHITE and BLUE DIAMOND right hand ring...I've been wanting a right hand ring for a long time, but for some reason I never even suspected to get one for Valentine's day...and he chose a gorgeous one. 
I started squealing when I opened it:)
Work on Valentine's day is always pretty fun.
Kids are hyped up and excited for their classroom parties.
But it's nothing compared to my excitement coming home and my husband is preparing for our Valentine's meal for us.

Ryan doesn't cook often, but when he does, you can expect to have some mouth watering, tastebud partying, can't wait for seconds, amazing food.
This time, he chose to prepare Steamed Alaskan King Crab legs as a main course, strawberry almond salad, stuffed clams, and garlic bread as sides, and a fruit pizza for dessert.
it was all to DIE for.
and although I kept getting fuller and fuller, it was hard to want to stop eating, because it was just that. darn. good.
I can't seem to take anymore normal looking pictures.
I just feel so massively huge...and i'm only 22 weeks along.
Oh, well, nothing I can do about it. 
Here are our Valentine's day pics:)
and here's our feast.
Ryan did an amazing job.
I haven't had crab in many years...
it's just one of those things you miss out on living in the midwest.
but wow. this Alaskan King Crab made both of us moan and groan like you wouldn't believe;).
 and for dessert, a fruit pizza that Alexio decided he wanted in on.
fortunately, our bar height table and chairs keeps him far away from food that we want to eat ourselves, rather than share with him;).
yum.
There you go.
Ryan knows how to make Valentine's day one of the best days of the year.
He know how to make a me feel special.
And consequently, because of it, this is our last year alone on Valentine's day...next year I'll be sharing this man with another little Valentine;). 

No comments: